Join a CAFP Committee
Direct CAFP activities in a specific area, such as education, advocacy, or student and resident engagement.
Join the CAFP Board of Directors
Be a voice of leadership for your fellow physicians, residents, and students while directing the work of the Academy. The CAFP seeks to have a diverse Board representative of our membership.
Join the CAFP Foundation
Get involved with our nonprofit organization providing Family Physicians and their communities with education, resources, and research to advance Family Medicine and to improve the health of the people of Colorado.
Even more ways to get involved
Represent Colorado at the National Level:
- AAFP Congress of Delegates — The Congress of Delegates (COD) is the Academy’s policy-making body. Its membership consists of two delegates and two alternates from each constituent chapter and from the member constituencies including new physicians, residents, students, and other constituency groups represented at the National Conference of Constituency Leaders.
- AAFP Commissions — AAFP commissions discuss issues within their scope of work and deliberate regarding new strategic ideas to generate specific recommendations for action to the AAFP Board.
- AAFP Board of Directors — The board of directors carries out activities and resolutions in between Congress of Delegates meetings and on behalf of family medicine and the Congress of Delegates. The board, in turn, appoints commissions to help carry out its activities. Board members meet in person five times annually and virtually up to two times annually to accomplish the organization’s business.
- National Conference of Constituency Leaders — the National Conference of Constituency Leaders (NCCL) is the AAFP’s premier leadership development event for underrepresented constituencies, including: Women physicians; Minority physicians; New physicians; International medical graduate physicians; and LGBTQ+ physicians.
- National Conference Student and Resident Congresses — Be among the decision makers that draft and pass resolutions for consideration by the AAFP Board of Directors.
For more information on representing Colorado at any of the above, email CAFP CEO, Ryan Biehle. To get involved with state-level boards, commissions, and CAFP’s partner organizations, email Erica Pike, CAFP Director of Policy and Government Relations.