Topic: Get to know the Colorado COVID-19 Therapeutics Program
When: Wednesday, July 13, 12:00 – 1:00 pm
Where: Zoom – a link will be sent upon registration
Price: $20 AAFP/CAFP members, $30 Non-members, Free for students.
CME: 1 hour of CME will available
As part of the COVID-19 Medical Guidance Unit, physicians at CDPHE can help providers who administer or are considering administering COVID therapeutics. Examples of their work include, but are not limited to:
- Providing information on clinical trials related to COVID-19 therapeutics (e.g., effectiveness, number needed to treat).
- Presenting more in-depth information about each therapeutic (e.g., adverse events, use in special populations, contraindications, and warnings).
- Supplying providers with tools and resources that may aid with clinical decision making.
- Explaining options for ordering oral antiviral treatments or locating pharmacies where they are stocked.
- Explaining options for administering IV monoclonal antibodies or IV antiviral.
- Explaining utilization reporting requirements.
- Resources on COVID-19 therapeutics reimbursement.
- Information on pre-exposure prophylaxis (Evusheld).