Wed20Oct202112:15 - 1:15 pmOnline (registration required)
A Provider’s Guide to Monoclonal Antibody Therapy for COVID-19
Monoclonal antibody (mAb) therapy is proven to be effective at shortening symptom duration by an average of 4 days, and preventing severe illness, hospitalization, and death from COVID for ambulatory patients at high risk of progression to serious disease. In a survey of Coloradans, 96% of people surveyed indicated they would accept mAb treatment if a provider recommended it. Despite the proven effectiveness of monoclonal antibody therapy, questions about efficacy, administration, access, talking to patients, and more prevent health care providers from maximizing the use of mAb treatment. This 60-minute webinar—offers concise, actionable information followed by a live Q&A with clinical and implementation expert, Dr. Lum.
The learning objectives are:
This event is FREE to members. Here is the registration page. After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the meeting.
- Data around current mAb use in Colorado
- Brief overview of how mAbs work and the use of mAbs in viral infections
- Clinical data supporting efficacy for use with COVID
- Clinical pathways/guidelines
- Essential logistics (infusion v. subQ, monitoring, adverse reactions, cost, insurance issues, how to communicate with patients)
- Resources for further questions